Council Plan 2013-2017
Greater Shepparton City Council wants to hear about your hopes and dreams for where you live, work and play.
Greater Shepparton City Council is consulting extensively with the community to collect ideas to help shape the development of the 2013- 2017 Council Plan.
What's happened so far?
- Two months of initial community consultations over July and August 2012
- 180 consultation sessions attended by over 100 Council staff within Greater Shepparton (public meetings, sporting events, shopping centres, activities)
- Over 2,400 surveys received and 10,000 residents consulted
- Survey results were collated and identified as themes
- A Council Plan Theme document was developed
- Council staff consulted with the community for the month of March 2013 on the identified themes and gained additional feedback
- During March 1362 people were consulted, 49 meetings/events were attended and 33 responses were received
- Councillors will review the data and draft a response to the desires and wishes of the Greater Shepparton community
- The draft Council Plan 2013 - 2017 will be released for community consultation and comment in April / May for 28 days. Community members will then be able to provide feedback on the draft plan.
- Council will adopt the Council Plan 2013 - 2017 by June 2013
The raw data as well as the survey results and a summary document are available for download from the links below. The Council Plan themes document from the March consultation is also available from the links below. Alternatively, contact Council on (03) 5832 9700 to request a copy be mailed or emailed to you.
Thank you for your time and interest in the development of the next Council Plan. We encourage your continued contributions as together we are making a Greater Shepparton!